Did you know that mined diamonds and synthetic diamonds share the same physical and chemical properties? Though lab-grown diamonds are known as synthetic r cultured diamonds, they are similar to natural diamonds. The only thing is that lab-made diamonds are grown artificially under controlled temperature and pressure conditions. Also, you can make your own engagement ring as they are available in multiple colors and varieties. The cost of colored natural diamonds is rare and is quite expensive.
Just like natural diamonds, lab-made diamonds require the same level of maintenance and care. When taken proper care of, it offers the same level of shine, brilliance, luster, and magnificence as a mined diamond. In this context, one needs to know how you can maintain lab-grown diamonds.
In most cases, home cleaning is the best choice. However, if the diamonds are accompanied by some other metal, then it’s better to get it done by a professional only. If the surrounding setting stones aren’t secured, then it is only the professional who can help out with cleaning. They have knowledge and experience on which cleaners will be the most suitable. However, if these conditions do not apply to you, here mentioned are few tips that you can follow to take care of your artificial diamonds. You’ll need the following items:
- Space where you’ll clean the jewelry
- Water and bowl
- Soft brush
- Jewelry solution
- Flannel cloth
Instructions for cleaning:
- Spread out the towel on the surface that you’ve kept for jewelry cleaning. Choose an area that has sufficient light fixtures because it’ll help you see the holes and crevices where careful cleaning is needed.
- Take a bowl of water and presoak the jewelry for about five minutes. This is done to remove the dirt. Make sure that all the water is drained out from the bowl.
- Now pour in some jewelry solution inside a bowl and soak your diamond for five to six minutes. You can find jewelry cleaning kits from the jewelry stores.
- Once it is cleaned, use a soft brush to clean out the surfaces with care. Scrub the ring and the crevices in circular motions. Hold your jewelry tightly while scrubbing.
- Rinse your jewelry under running water and clean out all the solution or you can take a bowl and fill it with some clear water. Submerge your jewelry and keep it for a few minutes. This will perfectly clean out all the solutions.
- The last and the most important point is drying out the jewelry. The brilliance and shine need to be retained and therefore, you should use a flannel cloth to completely dry up the jewelry. Unless you get the desired effect, keep polishing the stone.
These tips will surely help you to maintain your diamonds in the most appropriate manner. You should avoid using any kind of harsh chemicals, or sharp objects. Get more synthetic diamonds info to learn the best usage and maintenance tips.